Online or PPC Ads are a proven advertising strategy which produces fairly predictable results when applied correctly. We go over what PPC Ad options are available to medical practices, what is the RoI you can typically expect and which online avenue should you be using to get your name out there and get more patient/ clients in the door.
What is PPC Advertising?
PPC stands for Pay-Per-Click advertising, a popular way to advertise digitally. With so much traffic moving to searches on the internet, on social media like Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin – digital advertising offers superior options for advertising than the traditional options.
Buying PPC advertisements in a healthcare domain would mean that each time a potential patient clicks on your ad, you will pay a small fee. In a PPC ad, you pay for action (a click) instead of a non-action (a view).
PPC advertising is an easy way for Healthcare providers to finally reach out to their new client and patients. Healthcare profession has had a lot of restrictions on how healthcare providers could advertise for their services. This definitely helps. Almost 90% of advertising for the healthcare industry is now done online. Most hospitals and private practitioners get their patient traffic due to online PPC advertisements.
Why should a medical health provider use PPC ads to increase patient acquisition?
Here are a few reasons why making use of PPC ads is an excellent idea for any medical health provider:
- There is no minimum fee for using a PPC service. You can put how much ever money you think is feasible. The price of healthcare-associated keywords is relatively low at $2-$3 a click.
- At $2-$3, a click on an average for ads on Google, Linkedln, Facebook, Instagram, etc., you will be getting in front of 50-100 prospective people searching for the keywords – Free Publicity!
- Cost effective Marketing: Unlike traditional ways to market your practice, Online ads have minimal spillage. Which means that only people who are looking in a search area you setup to show for, will see your ad. Unlike a newspaper ad or a mailer, where you pay for showing your ad to people who have no need for your service.
Why PPC Advertising?
The Online Growth Explosion
More people are getting online, more people are searching for things online. Here are our favorite statistics:
- Google handles over 75,000 searches per second
- Google’s search volume grows by 10%–15% per year
- Local searches account for 46% of all searches on Google
- 50% of the search queries in Google are 4 words or longer
- Internet users between 18 and 44 years old are the most likely to use Google to search the web
- Users 45–64 years are more likely to prefer Bing—especially the 55–64 age group—while Yahoo! has more popularity among those 65+.
- 79% of Americans have at least one social media account
- 74% of FB users and 61% of Instagram users visit the site at least once a day
- YouTube and Facebook are the most widely used social platforms
- Instagram & Snapchat are most popular among 18-24 year olds
With the rise and spread of COVID-19, many people have increased their online searches, especially for COVID-19. While social isolation is in affect, more and more people have turned to online searches and social media to stay connected with friends & family.
Online searches have shifted due to the COVID-19 crisis
Starting March 15th, Telehealth topic related searches surged almost 10 times their normal level according to Google trends. More people are looking for options to speak to a healthcare provider virtually. Many have telehealth solutions built into their plans but many are often happy to pay cash fee for brief consults they need with their doctor.
We expect online searches for healthcare providers to pick up a faster pace than what the trends have indicated over the last few years. It is no longer going to be of no consequence to healthcare providers who ignore this trend.
Comparison between the different PPC ad options available
|Google Search Ads||There is a lot of flexibility over the amount of money you can invest in these ads. In the Healthcare Industry, an average click costs between $2 to $4.5 for a google search ad. The average click-through rate (CTR) is 3.79%. The average conversion rate (CVR) is about 4.24%. The average Cost per Action (CPA) or the cost of acquiring a new patient/ client is $95.92.|
|Google Display Ads||Average CPC is $0.63 for a display network. The average click-through rate (CTR) being 0.51%. The average conversion rate (CVR) is 0.80%. The average Cost per Action (CPA) is $99.05.|
|Facebook Ads||Average CPC is $0.27 The average cost per Thousand Impressions (CPM) is $7.19. Average Conversion rate (CVR) being 1.85%. There are no firm numbers available on conversion rates, however FB is a great way to get leads at the top of the sales funnel (people who are interested but may not be looking for an immediate purchase).|
|Instagram Ads||Average CPC is anywhere around $0.50-$1.00. The average conversion rate (CVR) being 1.08%, which is considered high.|
|LinkedIn Ads||Average CPC is $5.26 For Sponsored InMail campaigns, the average cost is $0.80 per send. The average cost per thousand impressions (CPM) is $6.59|
In conclusion, healthcare practices should incorporate PPC Ads as an essential tool for acquiring new patients and clients. If handled correctly, this has a tremendous RoI and ability to grow and scale your practice.
Want to learn more about our PPC services – Check our services page here.
Get Guaranteed Results in weeks, not months!
$150 Credit for new Google Ads customers!
We have driven real results for medical practices, ask us for a free proposal.