Marketing automation has become an essential part of every marketer’s toolbox, yet the fundamentals haven’t substantially changed in the past decade. Automations still treat people as groups, rather than individuals—you build a static flow of logic and content, and customers enter it, all going down the same path.
So what is Customer Experience Automation?
Customer Experience Automation (CXA) is the ability for automation to customize itself to every individual customer—so you can get better results from the same amount of work. When you create a next-gen automation, you create a single simple flow. Machine learning and other powerfully dynamic features turn that flow into hundreds of unique experiences–created fresh for every person.
How is this Accomplished?
The automation accomplishes this in a few ways:
- Timing: Create unique pauses and send times, so that every message arrives at the perfect moment.
- Send automation emails at the most impactful time for each individual
- Truly optimized send times at the contact level vs. account level
- Routing: Send people through the unique sequence that makes sense for them.
- Segmentation: Group people based on the information they give you and the actions they take. Create separate experiences for each segment of your customers.
- Split automations: Get more control over your automations. See what works and give customized experiences without creating dozens of automations.
- Goals and go-to’s: Pull each contact to the right stage of your funnel. Move people through your automations based on their goals – and yours.
- Content: Customize every message for each person who sees it.
- Predictive content: Load in multiple variations of copy into an email and send each customer the content they are most likely to engage with.
- Personalization tags: Don’t treat people like a faceless crowd. Personalization tags let you make your messages more personal.
- Message variables: Easily customize all your campaigns with message variables. Take the slow, tired work out of updating every message.